Updated on February 8, 2021
How to wear single and double masks
The MOH (Malaysia) and CDC (USA) recommends that you should wear a mask to protect BOTH yourself as well as other people. This is important when you are out in public places as well as in the presence of people who do not live in your house. When all parties are wearing masks, the risk of getting infected in the presence of a COVID positive person, is much reduced compared to not wearing any masks at all.
How to wear and remove your mask
- Take off the mask by removing it from the ear loops, without touching the front of the mask
- If your fabric mask is not dirty or wet and you plan to reuse it, put it in a clean, re-sealable bag
- Clean your hands after removing the mask
- Change your mask if it gets dirty or wet
Click to watch WHO video on how to wear a mask
Useful tips about wearing masks
- Maintain physical distancing of 1-2 metres even when wearing your mask
- Wear your mask if a visitor (who is not a member of the household) comes to your home
- Do keep your mask on when you are doing gentle exercise like walking in public places
- Always clean your hands before and after using a mask
- Avoid touching the mask while wearing it. If you do touch it, clean your hands
Click to view Washington Post video on how to put on double mask
In view of the newly discovered highly transmissible variants of COVID viruses spreading across the world, some health professionals are recommending the wearing of a visor or an additional mask (known as double-masking) over the mask you are currently wearing in public places.
Together we can fight COVID but we have to do our part to stop the spread
Download Teleme’s mobile app and chat with a specialist right now
Disclaimer. TELEME blog posts contains general information about health conditions and treatments. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?