Burn Out Self Assessment
If you have an issue of burnout which is not addressed, it may lead to consequences such as poor physical and mental health. Hence, it is always good to check in with ourselves in terms of how we are doing or coping at work.
Do answer these 15 questions to see how you are coping
Score 1 (None at all), 2 (Rarely), 3 (Sometimes), 4 (Often) and 5 (Very Often)
1. I feel run down and drained of physical and emotional energy
2. I have negative thoughts about my job
3. I am harder and less sympathetic with people
4. I am easily irritated by my co-workers
5. I feel misunderstood and unappreciated by my co-workers
6. I feel I am achieving less than what I should
7. I feel under pressure to succeed
8. I feel I am not getting what I want out of my job
9. I feel I have no one to talk to
10. I feel I am in wrong job or wrong organisation
11. I am frustrated with parts of my job
12. I feel that politics is frustrating my ability to do a good job
13. I feel that there is more work than I can handle
14. I feel that I do not have time to do the many things that are important to do a good job
15. I feel that I do not have time to plan as much as I would like
Less than 18 NO sign of burn out
19-32 Little sign of burn out
33-49 Be careful. You may be at risk
50-59 You are at SEVERE risk of burn out
Over 60 You are at VERY SEVERE risk of burn out
Do feel free to chat with a psychologist or counsellor to discuss any issues which are troubling you. A problem shared is always a problem halved !
Disclaimer. TELEME blog posts contains general information about health conditions and treatments. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?