Updated on June 10, 2020
In this busy world, we often perform many jobs at the same time (also known as multi-tasking). But in the rush to accomplish these tasks, we may find ourselves losing our connection with the present moment. Mindfulness is the practice of focusing our attention on the present moment and to accept it without judgment so that it can help reduce our stress and contribute to our overall happiness.
Click to view HonestGuys video on Mindfulness Meditation
How to get prepare for basic Mindfulness Meditation
- Sit comfortably on a chair or cross-legged on the floor or lie down in bed
- Focus on your breathing and try to concentrate on one aspect such as your chest rising and falling as you inhale and exhale or the feeling breath of air flowing in and out of your nose
- After this, begin to widen your focus and be aware of the surrounding sensations and thoughts
- Embrace each sensation or thought without any judgment
- Learn to stay in the Present and not be controlled by your thoughts
- If you notice that your mind has wandered, gently bring your attention back to the sensations of the moment by re-focusing on your breathing again
Disclaimer. TELEME blog posts contains general information about health conditions and treatments. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?