Cleavage in Breast Aesthetic Treatment
Cleavage is the term to describe the distance (or gap) between the breasts. This is determined by several factors such as
- the distance between the inner edges of the breasts
- the distance between the nipples
- chest wall shape
- chest bone prominence
- your natural breast shape and position before treatment
- amount of fatty tissue covering your chest
Some patients have a chest wall shape that is not really straight. Those patients either have a concave, indented chest (where the chest slopes towards the middle) or they may have a flaring curved chest wall like a bird-like chest, (where the middle part of the chest is the highest part).
Click DrEddyDona video on Chest Wall Shape
It is important that your implants are positioned carefully so that the nipples are straight, do not point outwards, symmetrical and centrally placed in each breast. Each woman is unique and as such no one will have the same cleavage depth or width after treatment. You need to discuss with your doctor the treatment options available to achieve the optimum result suitable for you. It is very useful to bring photos of your desired cleavage shape and size to discuss whether the treatment options can meet your expectations.
Although your doctor cannot alter your chest or thorax shape, there are treatment options available such as
- Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Fat grafting or injection
The breasts will begin to look more natural by 12 weeks while the final shape usually takes between 6 to 12 months to settle. This is because it takes time for your breast, chest muscle and skin to adjust to your treatment. The breasts may look asymmetrical or even different is size due to the swelling after treatment. The breasts will look unnaturally high and may look like ‘torpedo shaped’ during the first few weeks before they finally settle to their final shape at around 12 weeks.
Post Treatment Care
- The amount of pain experienced after the procedure varies from person to person. The first 2 to 3 days are the most uncomfortable. Do take the oral Pain Medications as well as Antibiotics as directed by your doctor
- You should wear the compression surgical bra day and night for the first 4 weeks until all the swelling has subsided. You may continue wearing it for the next 6 to 8 weeks as directed by your doctor
- You may feel more comfortable by sleeping semi-upright on two to three pillows to reduce the initial swelling and bruising
- You may start gentle walking exercises or driving the car after the first week
- Do apply any cream or lotion prescribed by your doctor between 2 to 4 weeks to soften any surgical scars
- Avoid strenuous physical exercise or sports for the first 4-6 weeks
- Avoid lifting your arms above your head for the first 2 weeks
- Avoid lifting heavy shopping or carrying your children for the first 6 weeks
Disclaimer. TELEME blog posts contains general information about health conditions and treatments. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?