Updated on January 23, 2020
Hand 6-Pack Exercise
Indication for exercise
This exercise is useful for after Carpal Tunnel Surgery or Distal Radius Fracture Surgery
How to perform the sequence of exercise
(please consult and follow your physiotherapist instructions before doing the exercise)
- TABLE-TOP. Start with all fingers straight. Then bend your fingers at the big knuckle to create a table-top. Repeat 10 times.
- HOOK. Start with all fingers straight. Then bend your fingers to touch the top of your palm creating a hook. Repeat 10 times.
- FIST. Start with all fingers straight. Then make a fist and make sure all joints are bending as much as possible. Repeat 10 times.
- OPEN & CLOSE. Start with all fingers straight. Then spread all your fingers as much as possible before bringing them back together. Repeat 10 times.
- THUMB TO TIP. Start with all your fingers straight. Touch the thumb to the tip of each finger one by one, beginning with the index finger. Once you have reached the little finger, slide the thumb down to the first crease of your thumb. Repeat 10 times. Repeat the sequence above or perform any of the 5 exercises as directed by your therapist.
Disclaimer. TELEME blog posts contain general information about health conditions and treatments. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?