LASIK (an acronym for Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis) is also known as laser vision correction to correct myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. It is the most widely performed laser vision correction in the world with over 40 million procedures performed worldwide.
It involves the creation of a corneal flap followed by excimer laser to reshape the cornea so that the cornea can focus the image we see on the retina without the use of spectacles or contact lenses. Although the whole procedure takes around 4-5 minutes, the actual laser time is less than 60 seconds!
Click to view KlinikaSvjetlos video on LASIK
Who is a suitable candidate for LASIK?
- Anyone over the age of 18 years
- Myopia up to -12.00 Diopters
- Hyperopia up to +4.00 Diopters
- Astigmatism up to 4.00 Diopters
How to prepare BEFORE the procedure
- Avoid wearing contact lenses between 7 days (soft lens) to 30 days(hard lens) before the procedure
- Avoid using eye make up the day before the procedure
- Avoid too much computer or gadgets just before and after the procedure to prevent eye strain
- Wash your hair and face before coming for the procedure
- Bring along your sunglasses to wear after the procedure
How to take care AFTER the procedure
- Avoid eye make up or facial spa for 1 week
- Avoid hard eye rubbing for 1 week
- Avoid water sports such as swimming, steam room or sauna for 1 month
- Avoid contact sports like rugby or boxing
- Avoid foods such as prawns or crabs which may cause allergy
- You can wash your face and shower after 24 hours
- You can do any sporting activities other than water or contact sports for 1 month
- Apply the Antibiotic and Lubricant eye drops regularly as advised by your doctor
Disclaimer. TELEME blog posts contains general information about health conditions and treatments. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?