Updated on October 28, 2020
What is Home Quarantine for COVID-19?
You may be required to be quarantined for home surveillance under the following circumstances when you have
- Been discharged home after recovering from Covid-19 infection
- Had contact with PUI cases or confirmed Covid-19 patients
- Return from Travel Abroad from any country (especially China, Hong Kong, Macau, Korea, Italy, Spain, Iran, Denmark, Japan)
Click to view KKM video on Home Surveillance (Malay)
During this period, you MUST try to avoid contact with as many people as possible, preferably to stay alone if possible. This is a check list to ensure you are able to perform the self-quarantine successfully
- Have a bedroom with en-suite bathroom (or a bathroom which can be used only by you) away from the rest of the household
- Have access to food and other necessities for 14 days
- Have access to glove and disinfectant at home and wear a face mask when there is people around you
- Practice good personal hygiene and do not share eating utensils
- Avoid or limit visitors to your house
- Stay at least 2 metres from the rest of your family especially those in high risk group (people over 65 years, children less than 2 years, pregnant women, people who have diabetes, heart or lung disease and people who are immune-compromised such as cancer patients)
- Stay home and be contactable by a Health Practitioner
- Able to go to seek medical help with own transport (if you develop symptoms or condition worsens)
Reference: Management of PUI from COVID-19 Management number 4/2020
Download Teleme’s mobile app and chat with a specialist right now
Disclaimer. TELEME blog posts contains general information about health conditions and treatments. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?